Corporate amnesia is a quickly escalating problem that is seriously affecting today's organizations. The "baby-boomers" generation is retiring and younger employees are changing careers more than ever before. It is extremely important that organizations are able to successfully retain and organize the knowledge of their employees. KnowHowKM is the system which helps your organization preserve its institutional memory.
What is KnowHowKM?
KnowhowKM is a web-based enterprise knowledge management system used to capture and organize the knowledge of experienced employees within an organization.
KnowHowKM is comprised of 5 core sections:
Unlike other knowledgebases, the KnowHowKM knowledgebase broken down into problems and solutions as opposed to articles. The knowledgebase allows employees to quickly find solutions to problems through a simple lookup or search. The system knows which problems occur most frequently, as well as which solutions are most effective at solving them.
Incident Management System
Track the problems that have been solved and easily add new solutions to the Problem/Solution knowledgebase.
Document Management System
Easily find and search documents stored in the KnowHowKM system.
The reports system allows you to analyze the data collected by KnowHowKM. The system produces numerous reports for such things as locating problem areas, valuable solutions or efficient employees, just to name a few.
Social Knowledge Network
Browse and quickly access employee information to view problems they've submitted, solved and commented on.
The integrated sections work collaboratively to provide a powerful tool for capturing corporate knowledge and organizing that knowledge to focus on the following key areas:
- Troubleshooting problems quickly and efficiently within an organization.
- Tracking and analyzing problems that occur.
- Training new employees effectively.
How will KnowHowKM save you money?
The easily accessable information stored in KnowHowKM allows employees to solve problems more efficiently, reducing downtime and the costs associated.
Reduced training cost
Employees can perform self-training using the KnowHowKM system, freeing up the valuable time of their trainers, and allowing them to perform their regular duties.
Identify and correct problem areas
KnowHowKM allows managers to determine which problems are re-occuring, enabling them to develop permanent solutions.
Improved employee efficiency
KnowHowKM is focused on improving your employee's abilities to solve problems and perform daily tasks.
- 90% of downtime is spent finding the problem and determining how to fix it. 10% of downtime is actually fixing the problem.
- In 2006, workers aged 55 and older accounted for 15.3% of the total labour force, up from 11.7% five years earlier.
- The median retirement age has dropped from 64 in 1987 to 61 in 2002.
- 40% of manufacturers say that skills shortages are seriously constraining their ability to improve business performance and growth.
- Slightly more than 25% of manufactures reported that a lack of skilled and experienced personnel is a challenge that will fundamentally change the nature of their business over the next 5 to 10 years.
- Direct costs of re-training variously calculated at 46% of annual pay for a front-line employee and up to 240% for a middle manager.
- 2007 Turnover rate for manufacturing in the US: 10.2%
How is KnowHowKM delivered?
KnowHowKM is delivered as:
- A hosted, software as a service (SaaS), solution.
For more information about our KnowHowKM system please don't hesitate to contact us.